One of my favorite things to do is take a walk. It's so intimate, and such a great way to air out your mind and soul. So I take the toons, and I slither through my little town.
It's also a great excuse to write, and I need to take greater advantage of those moments.
So, come. Take a walk with me.
I was going to take some pictures, but I didn't leave until it was pretty much dark, and I hate flash, so pictures did not happen. But that's okay. Sometimes it's okay to paint pictures with words.
I've recently changed some drastic things about my appearance, (more about that later,) and It's so interesting how many types of eyes we wear. I say that because, we really see the world, or can see the world through many scopes. We see the world through our political, social, economical, (insert every other word you used on your AP history essay,) eyes. We have a lot of eyes.
What prompted this was actually my change. Ever since I did this change, I have seen things so much differently. I look very different from what I used to, and just very different in general, and it has given me a new set of eyes. It has given me softer eyes.
I had a symphony conductor who said that once when we were about to sight read something. When you sight read something for the first time it is pretty much one of the worst things ever. It's worse than the interviewing process. You have no idea what to expect and you have to play it as perfectly as possible. So we were about to attempt a pretty lengthy piece, and she just said, "Alright guys, soft eyes. Soft eyes." She meant that we needed to not just focus on the note we were on, but look over the piece as a whole, and continually look ahead, and just get a good feel for the music as we were playing.
But I like that. We use our hard eyes too often. Why can't we look at people with soft eyes more often? Like maybe there is a big thing about the person. (Tattoo, big nose, weird hair, whatever it is.) But can't we look at the person as a whole, and just be glad that they got dressed that morning? This is something I've worked at my whole life, and will continue to work at.
I ran into a pack of deer on my walk. It was frightening. It was dark and blustery on my walk, and no, I don't live in the mountains, but the deer are becoming city deer around here. They like to wander into town all the time. As I was walking, I looked up, and a deer was about 10 feet away from me staring at me. I looked, and there were about 5 of them, and one almost got hit by a car. They were strewn across my sidewalk. What on earth is the protocol? Is there a way for me to die by deer? Would they freak out? WHAT DO I DO. So I sat their until the cars scared them away. I was just afraid of them as they were of me. #iwouldnevermakeitinthewild
Speaking of eyes, sometimes I see the world in the most beautiful ways. Those are my artist eyes. I am an overly right brained creative. And there are moments where I am so overwhelmed by how beautifully I see things and people, that I kind of die a little bit on the inside, because I know that no one will see the world the same way I do. And that kills me on the inside, because I see things so beautifully. I'm not saying that other people don't, but I just wish I could share it exactly the way I see it. I can a little bit through pictures, and drawings, but the camera can't always capture things the same way I see them.
Tonight was very blustery. A storm is moving in. But I actually love taking walks during storms. Sounds dangerous I know, but I'm talking about light rain storms here. Nothing life threatening. There's nothing like a walk in a good storm. I can't really explain it, it just brushes off the things we wear on our sleeves in an incredibly natural way, which I love.
Confession: I chew so loud that If I'm watching TV while chewing something, and the TV is on a low volume, I have to turn the TV up. I kid you not. These walks aren't all serious material.
Well those were the thoughts of major significance. Thanks for joining me.
No comments:
Post a Comment